Read read read….

Reading and how it affects me.

Reading can be boring. At least for some people. Me, for example, read a little WAY too much. Reading just helps my mind and relaxes me.

If you travel back in time to, like, 2021, I hated Historical Fiction. No, like I loathed, I greatly disliked historical Fiction books. All I read was comic books, like Lincoln Pierce’s Big Nate. I read for hours and hours. Eventually, though, I got bored of reading comics, since I was old enough to read more open books to the world, and that’s when I found Alan Gratz’s books.

Alan Gratz really compares history. For example, Ground Zero. That’s literally the 9/11 attacks/EVIL CRIMES. Except Alan Gratz made that book into a LITERAL “LET’S GO!!!” (PS. ® to Alan Gratz?) 

Nowadays, I’m looking for another author like Alan Gratz since I read like every-single-book that he wrote. Historical Fiction is like the only genre I read right now. ( And fantasy, I guess) But I’ve read way too many books about historical fiction, so I started reading fantasy books.

Right now, I’m reading Murtagh, by Christopher Paolini, Murtagh is a fantasy-fiction book that is 600-700 pages long. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy and medieval history combined into one. Murtagh is book #5 of the Inheritance Cycle, and is also the newest. It came out November 7th, 2023. If you want to read this book, I recommend that you first read book 1, and make your way through 2, 3, and 4. These are the book titles in order: Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance, and Murtagh. Atra esterni’ ono thelduin Mor’ rana li’fa unin hjarta onr Un du evari’nya ono varda. *

My favorite author I can’t pick but my 2 favorite authors are Alan Gratz, the author of Ground Zero (Gratz’s Website), and Christopher Paolini, author of Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, etc. ( Paolini’s Website). Be sure to check on their websites for the next books if you are interested!

*          “May the stars and lights watch over you” in ancient language, a language made in the Inheritance Cycle. Christopher Paolini

2 comments