Alan Gratz’s Ground Zero

Ground Zero is a historical fiction book written by Alan Gratz. It reflects on how a certain event, 9/11, in his book, can lead to another event, possibly leading to hundreds or thousands of deaths. So what does it connect to? Windows or Mirrors? Well, first, we need to understand what Windows and Mirrors are.

Windows

Windows are types of stories that do not connect, or relate, to you in any way. For example, if the story is about a kid who is lost in a forest for weeks, and you aren’t even CLOSE to the forest, that’s a window story, because it does not connect to you.

Mirrors:

Mirrors are THE opposite of Windows, which mean that the story connects to you in some way. If you experienced what something happened in the story, MIRROR. If you’ve been to the forest, like that example in the Windows section, that’s a MIRROR. A Mirror does not have to be EXACTLY the same way as a story is written. But if it connects to you, or just seems a lot like you, that is a MIRROR.

So, is Ground Zero a Window, or a Mirror to me? Well, to me, I am somewhere in the middle, because I have felt similar feelings to the main character in the book, Brandon. Because of that, I am not a full Window. But I am not a full Mirror either. See, All the battles and invasions and stuff like that was not even CLOSE. Because, you see, we haven’t experienced any conflicts like those in Ground Zero yet in North Carolina….